About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Today's agenda

Today was all about getting adjusted to our surroundings.  We went to the mall around 2:00 in the afternoon where we enjoyed our first meal here at our favorite restaurant, Crepes N Waffles.  Then we found a cell phone place to buy a new SIM card for our phone so we could get a local #.  After that we had to go to another place to add minutes on our phone.

David and I like to play Monopoly a lot in the summer, so we promised we'd buy the Colombia version of Monopoly this summer so we can play it while we're here.  He insisted we buy it right away, so we went on a hunt for it and bought it today.  Tonight the games begin. :)  This should be fun.

We also went grocery shopping to fill up the fridge and freezer.  That place was absolutely packed!  We shopped at a place called Jumbo Hayuelos, which is like a Super Walmart.  It was nice to have quite a variety to shop from, but a little overwhelming, too.  Then we walked the ten minute walk back with all of our groceries stuffed into our backpacks.  That's one way to get a workout.

We're very comfortable here.  My highlight of the day was when David came out to me on the balcony, gave me a big hug, and said, "We're in Colombia!  I know we're going to have the best time possible in this apartment.  We finally get to fulfill our dreams from six years ago that we never got to accomplish."


No comments:

Post a Comment