About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Malachi 3:10

New Living Translation (©2007)--Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do," says the LORD of Heaven's Armies, "I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won't have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test!

I do believe we are experiencing this verse all over again.  Not that we haven't been completely blessed and cared for all year after restarting this process to adopt Juan David, but God is showing us again that this has nothing to do with us and everything to do with Him.  We could never have done it on our own, but He's provided for us every step of the way. 

Yesterday I went to the bank to deposit two checks, one a grant and the other an unexpected financial gift, which covers the cost of all of our airline tickets--even Juan David's ticket home.  When I got home from the bank, I found more unexpected financial gifts that came in the mail, nearly enough to cover what I just paid to book our lodging for the first month!  That leaves us with our legal fees (to an amazing lawyer, might I say) and daily living expenses.  

God has been so good to us.   

No comments:

Post a Comment