About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Saturday, June 8, 2013

A little surreal

I can hardly believe the day is actually here.  In just a few hours, we'll be checking in at the airport and by this evening we'll be on our way to Colombia.  It is quite the challenge to pack and prepare for an indefinite amount of time, not knowing when any of us will be back.  Especially when that indefinite amount of time happens to be in another country, on another continent.  That can make certain things a bit more complicated than usual.  Okay, a lot more complicated.

I'm filled with such a variety of emotions at this moment.  I'm excited.  Nervous.  Anxious.  Excited (did I say that already?).  But most of all, grateful.  Grateful for the way God redeemed our story and is already giving back all that we once lost and more.  Grateful for the many texts and e-mails I keep getting from so many people who are on the edge of their seat, waiting to see what God is going to do next.  Grateful for the many answers to prayer and all of the miracles involved to make this trip/event/life change even possible.  Grateful for the financial help that has all flooded in at the very last minute.  Grateful for the peace that surpasses all understanding, despite all the changes that are coming. 

We have a few days on our own before our appointment to get Juan David, so it will be nice to have a little vacation time as a family of three before we finally become a family of four.  Unfortunately we won't even be able to see Julian for several days due to his work and school schedule and our apartment being on the other side of the city from him.  But we've gone to Colombia without a thing on our agenda before, only to stand back and watch God surprise us with blessings we never saw coming.  I am looking forward to whatever surprises He has in store for us.

I'll continue to blog whenever I have the chance.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment