About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Wednesday Review

Today's review of Painful Waiting comes from Stacey Doll, our dear friend that God allowed us to meet and serve with at El Camino Academy in Bogota on our second trip to Colombia. So many people said we looked like sisters, so we named ourselves the pink sisters. :) She gave the book five stars.

Rachelle Alspaugh has come out with her second book about trying to adopt internationally. I met this wonderful family on my trip to Colombia, and their story has stuck with me. So excited for you all to experience this book, a combination of heart-felt poetry and inspiring prose. Through the trials the Alspaughs faced, their faith was challenged and strengthened. Yours will be too as you see how God guided them to unexpected places and allowed them to adopt, but not exactly the way they imagined. God is so faithful and knows how to time everything perfectly. Rachelle's book is proof!

Thank you so much to my pink sister, Stacey, for sharing your thoughts on my second book. So thankful for our continued friendship today.


No comments:

Post a Comment