About Me

My photo

I am a wife, daughter, mother, bilingual teacher, poet, author, women's Bible study teacher, world traveler, orphan advocate, and an adoptive mother.  Our adoption journey has been filled with a lot of hurt and loss, along with even more hope, grace, and healing.  Through it we have experienced more of God than we ever bargained for and have watched Him miraculously redeem our story when we surrendered all the broken pieces to Him.


Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Wednesday Review

Today's review of Unexpected Tears comes from a friend who knows all too well the grief of losing a child. Though I did not physically lose a child that I once carried in my womb, her reaction to my grief in the book confirmed to me that I went through a very similar grieving process. Adoption loss is huge and comes with a very deep grief that so few will ever understand. This book bonded my friend and I in a way we never expected.

This is a wonderful book about faith and the honest struggles when going through trials and grief. I found myself relating to so many things in the book and I have never even thought about adopting a child.

Thank you, Amy, for sharing your thoughts in this review and then for sharing them more vulnerably with me as you read through the book. I cherish the friendship that you and I have recently developed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment