About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Wednesday Review

Today's review of Painful Waiting comes from Kristine, the one who dared to open her home to two precious Colombian children to host them for the summer in hopes of finding them their forever family. I am forever grateful. She gave the book five stars.

Painful Waiting is a moving tribute to adoptive families and the challenges they face throughout the process. Rachelle's trust in God gave her the strength to continue on an amazing journey that seemed to keep slamming doors every step of the of the way. When many people would have given up, the Alspaugh's persevered. Their unwavering faith made them the amazing family they are today.

Thank you, Kristine, for your heartfelt words about the book and our family. But most of all, thank you for loving Juan David and his sister first so that I could have the chance to love them, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment