About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, June 29, 2014

World Cup Fever

We've got a little World Cup Fever going on around here.  These games have kind of dominated our time, but it's been fun and quite entertaining.  We decided to go for three teams from the beginning, so we've made it a point to watch all of their games.  USA, Colombia, and Mexico.  As of this moment, all of them are still in! 

Yesterday Colombia played an amazing game, securing their spot in the quarter-finals.  According to Juan David, they have never made it this far before, so we're pretty psyched.  It's funny watching the games because we watch them simultaneously via facebook with all of our other friends who are either Colombian, live in Colombia, have adopted from Colombia, or are currently in Colombia finalizing their adoption.  One posted a video from her apartment in Bogota after Colombia scored a goal.  You could hear cheers and horns honking all over the city.  The entire country is celebrating!

I found some red, blue, and yellow paint in the closet, and Juan David's face just lit up.  He ran to the bathroom and started painting away.  Here's what it looked like in our house during the game. (I'm learning just how passionate Colombians are about soccer).

 


No comments:

Post a Comment