About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Summer fun

My summer resolution was to write a blog entry every day.  Ha!  I don't think I'm doing so good with that one.  Looks like I've got a bit to catch up on in the last week and a half.

Let's start with David's camp.  He left the morning after school got out and came home the following Wednesday.  He absolutely loved it and found himself surprised at how much more freedom you have at a middle school camp than at a kids' camp.  He loved the food, came home with a larger appetite than before, and has mentioned several times how much he liked the speaker and the worship team.

Here's a picture of the Firewheel group.  David is kneeling down in the second row.

Photo: Zachary's TREK middle school camp group pic with Lakepointe Firewheel! We have been watching the daily videos and pics on Twitter. These kids had an awesome time of fellowship and worship this week! A great, big, THANK YOU to their youth pastor, Shane Boswell, and the other adults who spent this week with our youth! I appreciate all of you! 

He had an awesome time, but I'm glad to have him back home now.  He came home to his brand new room and absolutely loves it.  It turned from a little boy room into a tween/teen room that he can be comfortable in for many years now. We rearranged it just right so he has a separate study area, too, which he really likes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment