About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, June 22, 2014

More soccer, more camp

David has had to give up the opportunity to play indoor soccer with his team for the last three summers because he's spent them all in Colombia.  So this year, he finally gets to play.  Today they played their first game and tied.  Once again, I'm so thankful for a good coach that's so willing to dedicate his time to these boys.

Juan David left this evening for a week of church camp in Colorado.  They have a long bus ride ahead of them, (prayers for safety, please), but an amazing week awaits them.  We're talking "hotel style camping" at a ski resort.  He's going to have an awesome time.  He's been a bit nervous about the necessity to speak entirely in English the whole time, but I know it will be so good for him.  His confidence in his English skills will skyrocket after this trip.  I also pray that it will have a deep spiritual impact on him. 

 

It will be a very quiet week here at home without him, but I am looking forward to some one-on-one time with David over the next few days.  Plus we will be working together to repaint Juan David's room with his chosen color scheme while he's gone.  He, too, will get to come home to a new room--one that he designed.  I think it will only help to make him feel even more at home here.  

We've been doing quite a bit of home improvement stuff this month, actually.  Mike has been a busy guy. It's a little hectic, but it feels so good to tear up the old, dust it all off, declutter, and start over new. 

No comments:

Post a Comment