About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Home :)

Juan David arrived home safely from camp yesterday.  He really had an amazing time, an experience like no other in his life so far. As soon as he got in the car, he couldn't stop talking about all the new friends he made.  He even wants to start going to the church on Sunday mornings so he can still see all the friends he made from the other services.  I told him I don't mind taking him at all whenever he wants to go.  He has always loved going to church here, but we've really hoped that he'd begin to make some closer relationships with church people.  We finally got our wish.  Now, most of them happen to be girls, but, hey, I'll take what I can get.  (What girls wouldn't love hanging out with the cute new kid from Colombia with the cute accent?)

We finished his room just in time for him to get home.  He said he loves it!  One dark red wall.  Three white walls. Black trim.  Black shelf.  Black closet doors.  Dark red curtains.  Even a new ceiling fan that actually works.  (He had a really old one in there that would only work half the time). I hope it makes him feel even more at home now.  It's finally his own room, just the way he wanted it.  My favorite part of decorating it  was putting up all the pictures of his siblings across the top shelf.  It's not just his room, it's their room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment