About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Adventures in Boyaca

I've heard many times that we needed to visit Boyaca while here, so we finally had that chance.  What an adventure we had over the last five days, though unfortunately, one of those days seemed to last an eternity.  Let's just say I'm so thankful to be back in Bogota, but truly, I am aching to be home.  Every day that Mike calls me, I find myself breaking into tears, telling him how much we just want to go home.  We thoroughly enjoyed exploring several little towns in Boyaca, the main one being Villa de Leyva, seeing what they say are the most beautiful landscapes to be found in Colombia, and visiting a few historical places, but Friday was our breaking point when David got so sick that we had to spend nine hours in a little urgent care clinic in a tiny little town to find out what was wrong with him.  Those nine hours were the scariest, loneliest nine hours I've ever had here, and now we want more than anything to be home so we can nurse him back to health and help him regain his strength where he is most comfortable and not missing his Daddy so much.  However, besides Friday, we did enjoy our trip, the bonding experience with our friends, and the opportunity to have both Juan David and Julian together for the whole time.  We took about a zillion pictures, so I'll sift through them over the next few days and write about some of our experiences. 











No comments:

Post a Comment