About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Friday, July 12, 2013

A successful day

Today turned out to be quite a successful day.  Thank you for all of your prayers.  My stomach issues have miraculously passed--I can eat again!!!  We got Juan David's new birth certificate, applied for his new ID card, and got his new passport made.  We ran into quite an unexpected hurdle in the passport office over an issue with his old passport that he used to come to the States five years ago.  Our lawyer had his assistant stay with us while we waited for two hours for Juan David's new name to appear in the system, while he went off to get other things done for us.  He spent the entire morning trying to resolve the passport issue, and by the time he met back up with us, you could tell he was both aggravated and concerned.  He pulled me aside and told me that God was in charge and was with us--that resolving this issue had nothing to do with him or anyone, only God.  In the end, they went ahead and made up his new passport with no delays or lengthy procedures to resolve the first issue. Once again, my lawyer pulled me aside and gave thanks only to God, saying he truly believed that.  To me, that makes him an even better lawyer.

Now all that's left is picking up the passport on Monday morning, passing by the doctor's office to pick up the results from the Embassy exam, and sign one more paper.  Then we meet with the lawyer again for him to organize all of our paperwork to take to the Embassy on Tuesday to get Juan David's visa.  After that, we should be cleared to come home. :)

David and I are so sad to be missing Chick Fil-A's Cow Appreciation Day today (yes, this is a yearly activity for our family--we're glad Mike at least joined my brother's family in the festivities this year), but we are so, so, so excited to be home soon.  Juan David, too.  He can't stop talking about meeting his new cousins and hopefully going swimming in their neighborhood.  He's also excited to meet his dogs and to go shopping for some clothes that fit him (what I bought him was too big, so he's only worn a few outfits over and over and over).  He wears all smalls or even youth large, a size 16 pants, and a size 8 1/2 shoe.  I bought him all adult smalls and mediums, and even the smalls have been too big. 

We're moving out of our apartment on Sunday afternoon to spend a couple days at a friend's house before going home.  So it looks like tomorrow we'll be packing and cleaning.

Thank you again for your prayers especially for my stomach.  I feel better today than I have all week long.

No comments:

Post a Comment