About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Just a few more days

I woke up today feeling pretty "crappy" (I've had major stomach issues the last few days), so after the boys got up and ate breakfast, I laid down and took another two hour nap.  I was quite discouraged by 10 a.m. that I hadn't heard from my lawyer, so add that to my nerves......David woke me up at 12:30 to make lunch, and I told him to wait until 1:00.  Fifteen minutes later the lawyer called and said, "Come now."  I jumped out of bed, brushed my hair, grabbed the boys, and we headed out.  We met the lawyer a little before 2:00, signed the adoption decree (it's final!!!!), and made a bunch of plans for tomorrow to start getting Juan David's name changed on all of his main documents (birth certificate, ID card, etc.)  If we can get the things accomplished that he hopes to tomorrow and Monday, we may be able to go to the U.S. Embassy by Tuesday, getting us home by Wednesday at the earliest.  The next few days are going to be tricky--hope these stomach issues will go away so I can function at 100%.

I'm just thankful that David will most likely be making it back for church camp by next Friday.  God has been looking out for him, keeping him from missing out on several big events of his life throughout all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment