About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Saturday, November 30, 2013

30 days of thanks, part 4

25. I am thankful for my parents' thoughtful hearts when it comes to spending time with us and giving gifts to all of their grandchildren for birthdays and Christmas.

26.  I am thankful for my writer's group.  I have learned so much about writing and publishing from them.  They inspire me.  I haven't had the time to continue writing as I would like, but I know God is using this group to prepare me to be able to write much more freely perhaps when my kids are grown or just during a different stage of life.

27.  I am thankful for a local Thrift Store where I can find whatever I need at an affordable price.  I am especially thankful for their semi-yearly half off the whole store sales.  We sure do stock up!  I am really liking those $3 boots I got yesterday, as well as all those nice Nike shirts that my 16 year old found for $1 each!

28.  I am thankful that God will always finish a work that He begins.  I am thankful for missing pieces that He fills with himself.

29.  I am thankful for all of my ladies' Bible study groups that I've been able to teach, co-teach, or be a part of.  I am also thankful for all the Bible studies that I've done on my own.  I love how the Bible just comes alive and connects in new ways every time I read it.

30.  Last, but not least, I am thankful for my Keurig. :)  Crazy, I know.  But it's the little things that make life easier.  Every time I've been out of town, it's one of the things I've missed the most.




No comments:

Post a Comment