About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Didn't want yesterday to end :(





Happy 12th birthday to my sweet little guy (who insists that he is not sweet or little).  Being that he is the only child I have ever given birth to, his birthday is one of the most special days of my life.  It's one of my favorite days on the calendar, so I didn't want it to end.  

We began the celebrations on Friday evening with cheesecake and presents after dinner, a night at the movies until almost midnight, another celebration with more cheesecake at midnight, a special breakfast on Saturday morning, a shopping trip late morning with a gift card, a run with his marathon team (and lifetime buddy) in the early afternoon, and then more cheesecake for a midday lunch. 

He asked for boots, so Mike took him to get fitted a few weeks before.  Now he and his daddy have matching cowboy boots. :)  I got him a hat and gloves that he'd been wanting and a cool t-shirt.  Juan David got him some cars and another cool t-shirt.  Juan David could hardly wait to give him his present that he'd gotten for him--it was really sweet.

Now it's November 17th, and our weekly birthday celebrations are over for another year.  (Yes, there's LOTS of cousin birthdays over the next two months, but as far as our immediate family, that's it.) 
Photo

Photo
PhotoPhoto 

I think we are still busy with activity every weekend between now and Christmas, though.  Next weekend Juan David will be attending the High School Fall retreat with church in Oklahoma.  The following weekend is Thanksgiving with the Kloppmann's--including Juan David's first opportunity to meet his grandparents.  The week after that is the boys' marathon relay in downtown Dallas, and the week after that is Juan David's soccer tournament, the Tournament of Champions.  Lots going on, but I'm learning that it's good to keep an athletic, energetic 16 year old busy.  Not a lot of idle time to get into any trouble.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment