About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, November 10, 2013

It just keeps going on and on and on

Both boys played in a soccer tournament this weekend that started on Thursday night and ended this evening.  Both their teams won all of their games by Saturday, which qualified them both for the finals today.  David's team came in second place, losing the final game 0-1.  Juan David's team won the championship for his age group.  Now they get to play in the tournament of champions in a few more weeks.  His coach beamed with pride when they presented the trophy to him.  He said he's never led a team to win the championship before.  The coach gets to keep the trophy for six months, and the boys all get medals to wear and keep.  David's team got second place medals, so I'm happy they both made it so far.  They both still have a game left of the regular season, so they could possibly come home with more trophies.  Currently for the season, Juan David's team is in first place--they are undefeated so far!  David's team is in second place in his division. 









No comments:

Post a Comment