About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Friday, November 29, 2013

30 days of thanks (Part 3)

17.  I am thankful that my 12 year old still wants me to read to him at night and still cuddles with me.  Love that kid!

18.  I am thankful that Juan David loves his new cousins and his new aunt and uncle, so much that he doesn't want to ever leave when we are at their house.

19.  I am thankful for technology that allowed us to see and interact with my brother's family out in Pennsylvania on Thanksgiving.

20.  I am thankful that Mike and I both have jobs that we enjoy and provide enough income to live on.

21.  I am thankful for my cozy little home. 

22.  I am thankful for a bank account that has money in it, despite living through all the costs of Juan David's adoption--twice. 

23.  I am thankful for the Wii that has turned into a bonding tool between David and Juan David.  Who knew how much Spanish David would learn to speak just by playing Wii for hours on end with his new brother.

24.  I am thankful for both of my sons' schools, specially catered to both of their specific needs and abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment