17. I am thankful that my 12 year old still wants me to read to him at night and still cuddles with me. Love that kid!
18. I am thankful that Juan David loves his new cousins and his new aunt and uncle, so much that he doesn't want to ever leave when we are at their house.
19. I am thankful for technology that allowed us to see and interact with my brother's family out in Pennsylvania on Thanksgiving.
20. I am thankful that Mike and I both have jobs that we enjoy and provide enough income to live on.
21. I am thankful for my cozy little home.
22. I am thankful for a bank account that has money in it, despite living through all the costs of Juan David's adoption--twice.
23. I am thankful for the Wii that has turned into a bonding tool between David and Juan David. Who knew how much Spanish David would learn to speak just by playing Wii for hours on end with his new brother.
24. I am thankful for both of my sons' schools, specially catered to both of their specific needs and abilities.
- I am a wife, daughter, mother, bilingual teacher, poet, author, women's Bible study teacher, world traveler, orphan advocate, and an adoptive mother. Our adoption journey has been filled with a lot of hurt and loss, along with even more hope, grace, and healing. Through it we have experienced more of God than we ever bargained for and have watched Him miraculously redeem our story when we surrendered all the broken pieces to Him.