About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

30 Days of Thanks

I never did jump on the bandwagon with many of my friends to list something I'm thankful for each day.  With four days left this month, I guess that means I need to write about 7 or 8 each day.  So here goes: (These are not in any specific order of importance.  I am thankful for all of them equally).

  1. I am thankful for days like today when I can have a long, quiet morning, just me and God. It's amazing the peace and tranquility that can wash over me when I take advantage of these days.
  2. I am thankful to be spending Thanksgiving this year with both of my sons rather than living through the stressful, mind-boggling gamble through a psychologically overwhelming adoption process. 
  3. I am thankful that God directed my principal to choose me to teach Pre-K this year.  I cannot even begin to express what a blessing that has turned out to be for me.  I truly love my job and thoroughly enjoy working with my precious four year olds.  They light up my world and keep me smiling all day long.  
  4. I am thankful for a job that doesn't keep me glued to my computer every night and weekend trying to keep up with grades.  I can focus on being a mom to my tween and being a new parent to my teenager.  I have time to focus on them.
  5. I am thankful for my boys' soccer teams.  They keep us very busy, but I see just how important those teams are for both of my boys' development and character.  They learn about teamwork, commitment, and respect.  They both have a coach that they look up to as a positive role in their lives.  They stay fit and healthy by being so active.  
  6. I am thankful for my level-headed husband.  After being in Colombia for nearly a month without him, I learned just how much we need each other in order to be a functional family.  My emotions (hormones) can get the best of me at times, and his level head keeps everything running calmly and smoothly.
  7. I am thankful for my church and everything it offers.  (My Life Group, my home group, my Bible study groups, Saturday night services, a youth pastor, a godly environment for my tween and teen, a place to serve and be served)
  8. I am thankful for good friends that stand the test of time.  Friends that are always there, even when you don't see each other for a long time.  Friendships that never die.
So, there's my start to 30.  I will try my best to complete my list before the month is over this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment