About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, October 27, 2013

The Pumpkin Parable

I'm so thankful to be part of a church that is intentional about parents being intentional with leading their children spiritually.  We've got a whole bunch of intentional family activities from church to do as a family throughout the holiday season.  Having a new son has gotten me excited about the opportunities we have to teach him all the things we've been so intentional about teaching David since birth. 

Tonight we focused on the pumpkin parable.  We got a big pumpkin to carve, and we used Scripture through each step to show how we are just like that pumpkin.  We are filled with nasty "gunk" on the inside until we let Jesus come in to clean us out.  Once He does, He comes to reside within us so His light can then shine through us. 

I  did the whole fall celebration thing by cutting up apples to dip in hot caramel sauce.  We also had hot apple cider to drink. Tonight was the fall festival at church where Mike has been the driver for the annual hayride.  However, the church built soccer fields this summer where the hayride took place, so this year the hayride was out.  With me still recovering from sickness and David a bit injured, we stayed home this year.  I hope it turned into a memorable night for the boys, though. Mike and I enjoyed it. :)

Photo 
Photo

Photo: Carved a pumpkin as a family tonight! Fun Family Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment