About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Saturday, October 26, 2013

PROactive versus REactive

I'm stuck in bed with strep throat today, missing my boys' soccer games.  However, the rest has definitely been good for me after a busy month of school, soccer, church, and also having 45 individual parent conferencesI didn't realize just how much I craved a day at home alone.  I haven't had the time to put up my official review for Mary DeMuth's book, The Wall Around Your Heart, so today I spent time adding my review on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc.  Here is my official review of the book.  Being part of this launch team has been a neat experience for this just barely emerging author.  I'm learning a lot.

PROactive versus REactive: I loved Mary's approach and perspective in this book.  We all have walls around our hearts for some reason or another, some that build up and crumble easily, some that are so large and sturdy a bulldozer couldn't even crack them.  Not only is Mary's approach to pray those walls down effective because it follows Jesus' own model of prayer, it's also a proactive approach, helping us see how destructive those walls are and using that same prayer to keep from letting the wall get built again.  Praying Scripture is a win-win situation every time.  Praying like Jesus did can only help us draw closer to Him and know Him in a more intimate way.  I highly recommend this book.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment