About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Not quite the day we had planned

So, yesterday's plans looked a little bit like this:
  • Get up at 8, make breakfast
  • Leave at 10 for a day at the soccer fields
  • Get home at 3:30 to shower, rest, and eat something before church
  • Leave for church at 5:30
  • Come home at 9:00
Instead, I woke up at 5:30 a.m. with a terrible sore throat.  I headed straight to the weekend clinic at 9:00 and tested positive for strep.  Mike got my prescription at SAMS and met me with it, then I headed home and went to bed while he headed out to the soccer fields for the day.  They sent me a picture during their lunch break between the two games, and everyone looked happy. 

The next picture I got was around 4:00, taken in an urgent care clinic with David's arm held up in a makeshift sling that Mike and some other soccer parents rigged up for him. He took a shot for a goal, slipped, and fell right on his wrist.  He said he heard it pop or crack or something, and then it just hung limp.  All we know so far is that it was a buckle fracture, so they put him in a temporary splint.  He's waiting to make an appointment with an orthopoedist hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday. 

They were there till about five o'clock, went back to SAMS to get David's prescription, came home to eat quickly, and then Mike and Juan David headed to church.  David and I cuddled up on the couch to watch church online and then to just chill.

So not what we had planned for the weekend.  Thanks to the antibiotics, I'm feeling much better and am no longer contagious.  David's recovery won't be quite as quick, unfortunately.  He almost made it to the end of the season, with only two soccer games left and a tournament. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment