About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Graduation Walk 2020-2022

 Every year for many years now, we invite back all of our previous students who attended our school as elementary school students and are now graduating to do a graduate walk through the hallways. All of our current elementary students line the halls and cheer for the graduates and high five them, and we always hope that it inspires them to walk in their shoes one day. 

David attended Bullock Elementary with me for his kindergarten and first grade years, so I looked forward to the day he'd come back to walk those halls as a graduate. But COVID hit in 2020, his graduation year, so the graduate walk never happened. The walk didn't happen in 2021 either.

This year, they finally brought it back onto campus, so they opened it up to all 2020, 2021, and 2022 graduates. It meant so much to me to see David walk those halls as a college student (he refused to wear his old cap and gown, so he wore his DBU shirt instead) in my last week at Bullock Elementary. He even led the way for the walk. :) A memory I thought we'd missed out on became a reality after all. 







Cutest quote of the day: As David walked into my classroom, my kids very naively asked, 

"Teacher, who's that cowboy?"


No comments:

Post a Comment