About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Thursday, June 23, 2022

At peace

When you e-mail your new boss to cancel a zoom conference meeting because you're in the hospital, and you get a response like this:

We will be praying for your health and for the Lord to help you and your husband through this huge transition as you navigate the move and deal with the obstacles and difficulties. Now may the Lord of peace Himself continually grant you peace in every circumstance.” (2 Thess 3:16) 

Can I just reiterate how thankful I am to be joining this kind of team for my work environment? Camp is getting ready to start next week at the New Song campus (where they attract the interest of most of their students for the year), so I've been able to be in touch with the camp director and let her know I've been praying for her. Reminds me a lot of our Mexico team back when I was interning there the summer before I graduated from college. One body, one team, one purpose, all different parts working together for one goal--for kids to know Christ. 

On another note, there's been quite a bit of activity on our house that hasn't even been live for 24 hours yet. Two good offers already and still at least four more showings yet today. I guess all I've heard about the housing market right now is as true as they've said. No better time to have to sell your home quickly. I'm so grateful for God's guidance on how to go about putting it on the market and leading us to this realtor.

God always leads us down the right path, even if it feels a bit wrong sometimes. A hospital stay in my very limited amount of time before moving, while putting my house on the market, was NOT in my plan and felt very wrong. But God gave me a very real peace this morning that I am right where I am supposed to be, alone in a quiet hospital room hooked up to antibiotics dripping into my system. I don't understand it, but I feel peace about it. And I'm thankful I'm not in the middle of school right now. So maybe the timing isn't so bad after all. Canceling a lunch date and a couple appointments isn't nearly as stressful as preparing for a sub in your class for more than a day. AND I'm already almost done packing, except for my summer clothes, my toiletries, and my kitchen. 

Today I'm thankful for the peace and quiet, for sleeping well last night between my last antibiotic treatment at midnight till my next one this morning at four, for a yummy breakfast of blueberry pancakes, and for a Christian realtor we can trust to guide us through this house sale very quickly and efficiently while I sit in a hospital bed waiting for a doctor to check my leg again. First doctor seemed very pleased and confident I can go home. Waiting on the infectious disease doctor to come take a look and agree. :) Still have one more treatment schedule later this morning. I got up this morning to change into clean undergarments that Mike brought me, to brush out my hair, and clean up a bit. Thanks to my mom for bringing me deodorant! At least I look and smell a little better now. 

I'm also thankful that the insurance finally settled things with Juan's car accident that actually put him in a better place financially than he was, and I'm thankful to know he found and was officially approved for a really nice apartment close to his work and close to family. I hate going so far away from my boys, but I'm thankful they will have each other close. 

Well, I think David's coming up for a visit soon. The house has two different three different showings over the next two hours! Still praying for the next owner to feel the presence of God out on that porch just like I have. 


Two green circles outlining where the inflammation was when I came in, now with just small circles of red around the bites themselves. No more pain to the touch. I can sit in all positions again, and I look forward to going for walks again. 






No comments:

Post a Comment