About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Tuesday, April 15th--TAX DAY

By this time every year, tax day doesn't really mean much because we've usually already filed, gotten a refund, and felt more secure with a cushion in our savings again.  This year I began the day driving through the post office to file an extension for the first time ever. 

If I thought Colombian paperwork with the government was bad, I can't say the U.S. has seemed much better (or quicker).  First we found ourselves waiting much longer than normal for Juan's certificate of citizenship.  They said getting a social security card would be easy after that.  Really?  What was supposed to take two weeks (or four at the most) is now dragging into eight weeks.  Even a four week wait would have had his card here in time to get our taxes done.  Nope.  Nothing.  Still.  We've called several times, only to say the # hasn't been issued yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment