About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Sunday, April 13th

Another morning to sleep in, at least a little bit.  Some friends who live in Round Rock  mentioned that they'd love for us to stop by on our drive back home (the ones who led our very first trip to Piedras Negras seven years ago when we met Madai, also the ones who let us stay at their house the weekend that we met Juan David and his sister).  We hadn't seen them in a few years, so we made arrangements to get together with them for an early dinner.  Our plan was to leave around 11:30 to make sure we'd get there by four.  We figured we could spend about two hours with them before heading home, getting us home by around 8:30 or so. 

However, we woke up with an hour left for breakfast.  Mmmmmm.  Those chilaquiles just melted in our mouths!  (Reminded us of when we had the same delicious breakfast at a hotel in Mexico City during our honeymoom).  After breakfast, we packed up and ended up leaving at 11:30 to go bid Madai goodbye and see her new house.  Then an hour later, we found ourselves still waiting in line to cross the border back into the United States.

Though an hour later than planned, we enjoyed every minute (and bite) at our friends' house in Round Rock.  What a blessing to spend an early evening with them. 

By seven o'clock, we couldn't resist David's pleas via texts, asking us to please get back on the road toward home.  He missed us.  :(  We got home by ten o'clock.  Falling into bed was not an option, though, because we came home to a pretty urgent house repair and to two boys who wanted to go through their goodie bags right away.

Monday morning came way too fast.  "Okay, if I can just make it through the next three days, life will finally slow down enough to catch my breath....."


No comments:

Post a Comment