About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Liebster Blog Award

http://reneweddaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/blogger-image-1259597635.jpg

I am sending a thank you out to my dear friend, previous coworker, and fellow blogger, Ann Poppenfoose (http://christintheclouds.blogspot.com/) for nominating me for the Liebster Blog Award!  It's just a cool way for Christian bloggers to recognize other Christian bloggers for inspiring them through their blogs.  Plus it's a way to get to know one another better and share more about ourselves to our other readers.  I will, in turn, choose other Christian bloggers to nominate for this award.

In response to this award, I have answered 11 creative questions that Ann made up for me to share on my blog.  Enjoy learning a little bit more about me. 

1. Describe yourself in three words.  Sincere, reflective, determined 
2. Who is your favorite author and why? Stormie Omartian--it's all about prayer.  Without it, all our attempts at life are futile and meaningless.  
 3. What was the last thing you read, watched, and listened too? Read: Facebook   Watched: Beth Moore's Living Beyond Yourself study, Session 7   Listened to: Beth Moore's Living Beyond Yourself study, Session 3 (Audio)  
 4. What is your favorite comfort food? Vanilla chai and dark chocolate 
 5. If you were a zoo animal, what would you be? Probably a bird of some kind, so I could fly
 6. What accomplishment are you most proud of? Writing a book 
 7. What is your favorite season, and why? Spring.  I love the weather, the flowers, and the newness of life. Plus I was born in the spring.
 8. Who is your favorite Bible character and why? Either David or Esther.  I love David because he wrote such tender poetry from his heart.  I love Esther for her courage, despite all the odds against her.  
 9. What inspires you? Knowing that as long as I'm still here, I have not fulfilled my purpose.  
10. What is something you like to do to relax? Writing relaxes me more than anything.  I also like to ride my bike when the weather permits.
11. Which do you prefer visit...beach or mountains? Both.  But only in the morning.  I would love to spend a long, quiet morning overlooking the mountains or watching the sun rise on the beach.   

Thanks, again, Ann! (http://christintheclouds.blogspot.com/) You have encouraged and inspired me, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment