About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Thursday, April 17, 2014

April 11th-12th

After leaving San Antonio, we arrived in Mexico within less than three hours.  After meeting up with Madai and her husband-to-be at McDonald's to get directions to the hotel from her, we headed to our hotel and rested for the entire afternoon until our friends also arrived later that night.  We held off on dinner and ended up ordering pizzas at ten thirty at night!  I always made Juan David order delivery for me in Colombia because I hate making the order over the phone in Spanish, but I survived.  That pizza was delicious!

Saturday turned out to be a full day in Mexico.  We slept in late, enjoyed an amazing complimentary Mexican breakfast (you can never go wrong with authentic chilaquiles!), walked around for quite a while, shopped at the "bodega" to buy the boys a stash of Mexican candies, sat by the pool for a coffee break, and we even went shopping at the market! We're all stocked up again on our pure vanilla, soccer shirts, and a Mexican shirt for me in my favorite color. 

The wedding started that evening at 7:00.  Madai made such a beautiful, adorable bride.  After the wedding, we proceeded to the reception hall at 9:00.  We sat with our friends from home (who are like family to Madai), and we just had an absolute blast hanging out with them that night.  What a great family!  We love them dearly.  The party likely went till about 3 a.m., but we all left by 1:00 and just crashed.

 

 

Photo: Beautiful indeed. 

Photo 

It will be so fun to share an anniversary (close) with my sweet, sweet friend, Madai.  Love her dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment