About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Thursday, April 10th

Happy Anniversary to my husband of now 15 years!  I am in awe of all that we have been through, done together, grown, matured, and accomplished in these fifteen years.

We were blessed by, yes, SIX different friends to help us accomodate our boys and their schedules to we could get away on a quick little trip together on our own--a long overdue vacation as a couple.  We hung for a night and half day in San Antonio. We went up in the Tower of the Americas, which overlooks San Antonio and celebrates the incredible mix of people, languages, and cultures that have mixed together here in Texas. 

We got to end our time together in San Antonio with an amazing lunch at Texas Longhorn Steakhouse, compliments of a very surprising gift card from one of the ladies in my Bible study!

After that, we texted  our sweet friend Madai and told her we were finally on our way to Mexico to witness her wedding!

Photo: At the Tower of the Americas in San Antonio.

No comments:

Post a Comment