About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Third stop

Our third stop was a real treat as we got to have all of Mike's family together to celebrate Christmas at his brother, Mark's house. The place was filled with cousins all over the place ranging from four months old to twenty years old. Somehow I missed getting a picture of Matt and Mark's wives, but they were there, too. 


We absolutely adored their new labradoodle puppy. He was like a mix between a puppy and a teddy bear--and they don't shed!










The last time we saw little Reese was on her 3rd birthday. At first she didn't remember us, but she latched onto David pretty quickly and had quite a hard time saying goodbye.

After all the Christmas festivities, we left with full bellies and headed to the mall where Mike and I used to frequent as teenagers and then as newly-weds and young parents. It was fun showing David and Juan where we used to shop, what stores we liked to go in when we were their age, and also to show David places we took him as a young infant.

On the hour drive back to his parents' house that night, we reminisced over all the times Mike used to make that drive to come see me in Fort Wayne during my freshman year of college at Taylor University Fort Wayne. 

One more day in Warsaw, and then we headed straight back to Columbus, IN, for our next stop.

1 comment:

  1. Such a touching and inspiring story of your journey. The world is blessed to have people like you in it.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete