About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Friday, January 12, 2018

Eighth stop

As much as I treasured every minute with my brother and his family in Pennsylvania, all four of us were ready for an adventure of our own. 


The last time we traveled to PA, we ended our stay on New Year's Eve in New York City. This time, we headed to Washington D.C. Both boys were at the prime age to take it all in and actually remember it.  Juan is taking US History this semester, and David will take it next year, so touring the capital could not have come at a better time for them academically. 



Thanks to a special gift from my parents, we decided to splurge on ourselves and order tickets for the tour bus. Despite the frigid temps, we bundled up and braved the cold so we could sit on the upper level of the double-decker bus. The tour stopped just long enough at each sight so we could stand up and get a picture, and the tour guide was nice enough to take pictures of us on the bus. :)






















We really had a great time, and we stopped at the Starbucks in Union Stations to help us warm up a bit before heading to the hotel that night. 

Next stop: The day tour

No comments:

Post a Comment