About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Saturday, January 13, 2018

Ninth stop

We warmed up at the hotel for a brief night, had a nice breakfast Saturday morning, bundled back up, and packed our things once again to spend our last day of vacation touring DC during the daylight.




A Christmas tree for soldiers right beside the Vietnam Memorial Wall. 




We hopped off the tour bus to walk around some of the places we wanted to see. This was as close as we got to the White House. 
These were all the Christmas trees in front of the White House. There is the National Christmas tree, and then little trees lined up all around it to represent all of the states. 

The Texas tree

The National Christmas tree

The little train that runs around the big tree
The Indiana tree
The Nativity by the trees

From there we went shopping in the White House Gift Shop, then we kept walking to get to the National Archives. 
On the way we passed the Trump Hotel. 

Arriving at the National Archives 

After seeing the original Constitution and the Declaration of Independence, we decided to hop back on the tour bus to see some more sights and to learn about more of the history of each place via the tourguide. 
Here we are waiting on the next bus to come. 

The Pentagon
Arlington National Cemetary (which took us into Virgina for a few minutes)

A nice stop at Pizzeria Uno in Union Station, trying to warm up after spending the day out in the cold. 

Starbucks made the perfect stop before heading out to our final hotel, one situated close to the airport for our early flight out the next morning. 

Next stop: A quick flight to Chicago O'Hare, then home!



No comments:

Post a Comment