About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Tenth stop


Alarms rang at 3 a.m. on New Year's Eve morning, and we all headed out the door by 4 a.m. for an early morning flight. First to Chicago, then to Dallas. 

If we thought DC was cold with weather in the 20's and 30's, it was only 2 degrees when we landed in Chicago. I had the window seat, and all I could see was snow for miles and miles. 



And as much as I wanted to head home to warmer temps, our second flight was delayed about a half hour or so due to freezing rain and sleet in DFW. We are very thankful to Amy and Kyleigh (David's sweetheart) for braving the roads to come get us. They also did an awesome job taking care of our spoiled animals while we were gone, and we even came home to a plate of cookies!

After a long day of unpacking, doing laundry, and grocery shopping, we still had to stay up long enough to bring in the New Year with one son and then pick up the other son from a party with some church friends. 


And as a way to bring our two week family reconnection journey to a close, guess who the boys got to spend New Year's Day with? More cousins! They got to celebrate Sam and Will's entry into teenagehood, along with their aunt and uncle, and their grandparents--who are now here to stay. 





What started out as a heartbreaking situation of NOT being able to reunite Julian with his two siblings turned into a chance for our family to see and reconnect (and meet several for the first time) with almost every family member on both sides of our immediate families, plus two aunts, an uncle, and a Grandma. We almost even fit in a stop at my Grandma's, but our plans that day did not coincide since we didn't think about it until too late. 






No comments:

Post a Comment