About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Monday, January 8, 2018

Fourth stop


Our 4th stop led us right back to Columbus, IN just in time for Christmas dinner in the early evening on Christmas. We'd gotten up a little earlier that morning, ate breakfast, packed the car, visited more family, and then headed out on another 3 hour drive to Matt and Chrissy's. We had to grab lunch at a gas station along the way (nothing else is open on Christmas!), so we appreciated the nice warm meal they had ready when we got there.


The boys enjoyed one more night in the Man Cave, and Chrissy and I stayed up pretty late just talking over our "midnight snack" of lettuce wraps. :) Did I say how much it stinks that we have to live so far apart? I just love this family to pieces and so appreciate the special bond and connection that I have with my sister-in-law. 

We all said goodbye that night because only Matt got up before dawn with us to take us to the airport in Indianapolis for an early flight out. 

Next stop: the East coast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment