About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Lion Official Trailer 1 (2016) - Dev Patel Movie





This movie truly opened my eyes and gave me a visual for things I always knew about my son. What a powerful movie that will stick with me forever. Tears streamed down my cheeks throughout most of the movie as I watched this young man's story unfold, though all I saw was my son living and reliving his childhood through memories. I saw the stories he's shared with me, some very recently, just come to life on this screen.



My heart broke. He is a survivor. I came home with an overwhelming desire to hug him and tell him how much I love him and am proud of him.



This movie hits adoption right on the head, especially the adoption of older children. When you adopt an older child, you adopt them along with all their history that made them who they are. Memories (positive and negative) that they can never forget.



I know one thing for sure. As soon as I can find a way to get us on a plane to reunite him with his sister, I need to do it. Just watching the two of them skype together and seeing how strong their connection still is to one another, I can't wait any longer than is absolutely necessary. This movie solidified that for me. We waited so long to find her. Now the opportunity to go see her is right in front of us--I can't let it slip away.



She is a huge part of him, and he is just as much a part of her. Something we only dreamed of, now looking a little more like reality every day.



I stand in awe of the beautiful story God is still writing with their lives, and I am so grateful to be a part of that story.



I had no idea how this movie could hit so close to home. As soon as it is available for purchase, I will be buying a copy for our home.


No comments:

Post a Comment