About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Monday, February 13, 2017

All in one day

Today I registered my son for freshman orientation at DBU in June. Doesn't get much more real than that.

Breathe it in.

This morning I sent pictures to Spain, pictures I had of Juan and his sister from when they came to the United States together in 2008. Pictures I saved for him, but that I also hoped I could give to her someday to fill in missing pieces of her life for both her and her adoptive mom.

Breathe in the fullness of that moment.

Today I got my official approval to be part of the mission team to Guatemala this summer with Juan David.

God's doing some huge things in our lives right now. I just want to breathe it all in, not missing the wonder of it all, not taking any of it for granted.

God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment