About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Saturday, January 23, 2016

The Friendships of Women

My boys get on to me sometimes, saying I don't have any real close girlfriends. I guess they're right. I'm not much of a social butterfly. I'm usually pretty introverted and very focused on whatever I'm doing.

That's not to say I don't put a high value on friendship, though, and God blessed me this week with opportunities to connect with several other Christian women, all varying in ages.

Just a week ago, I was in the car with my new friend, Jan, driving back from an uplifting weekend in Houston with Beth Moore and several hundred other women on the Scripture memory team.

The following morning, I ran the booth for the Adoption Ministry at church and had a chance to chat and catch up with two fellow women's Bible study teachers who ran the Women's ministry booth beside me.

Monday I had lunch with a friend visiting from out of town, along with another dear friend that I haven't seen in a while. We all three used to meet together often for a small group and we carried each other in prayer for many years.

Thursday evening I spent a few hours having dinner and talking with several other ladies from the church who will be teaching women's Bible studies at church, one of whom I spent two cherished evenings with her family while we stayed in Colombia. How nice to reconnect here!

Friday evening I had a chance to attend a Parenting conference at church with a new friend, (who just happens to be the mom of my youngest son's female "friend"). The more we get to know each other, the more we find we have in common, besides the fact that our kids are attracted to each other. I am really thankful for this new friendship.

Made for a busier than normal week, but I feel so blessed and refreshed after spending such quality time with these lovely Christian friends, from my age to my grandma's age. I cherish each one of these friendships the same.

I also got an e-mail from another sweet friend from my writer's group, who recently edited my book, saying my book got sent to the formatter. We're so close to publication!  She completely made my day, my week, and my month. I can hardly wait to share this book with you, the true story sequel I had no idea would ever follow that first original book.

It's been a week full of blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment