About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Siesta Scripture Memory Team Celebration 2016 (#SSMTC16)

What a fun, inspiring, uplifting way to start a new year--celebrating with women from all across the country who invested their time to memorize two verses a month throughout the year 2015. I met people this weekend from California, Virginia, Arizona, Washington State, Missouri, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Oregon, and other parts of Texas. (Probably more states, too, that I am not recalling at the moment.)

I am so glad my friend, Jan, told me about this amazing group of women and challenged me to join in!

If you've never heard of it, let me explain. On Beth Moore's Living Proof blog, you have an opportunity to sign up at the beginning of the year to be a Siesta team member, dedicating yourself to post and memorize a Scripture verse on the 1st and 15th of every month during the odd years. They started this in 2009, and then they have continued in the years 2011, 2013, and 2015. Then in January of the even years, they have a celebration retreat (for free) at her previous church where she served and taught for 30 or so years. There at the retreat, you get to attend an evening and a morning worship and teaching session with Beth and her worship team (with Travis Cottrell). There is also a set time for everyone to partner up with someone to recite their verses to each other, something that I found very beautiful to witness. Everywhere you walked, you saw and heard people quoting Scriptures that they'd been meditating over for the last year. Your notebook of Scriptures is your "ticket" to get in.

I will post another day about the highlights of the teaching that stood out to me, but for now I will post pictures. (Oh, and Beth just started her own TV program with Living Proof on TBN each Wednesday night, so they will be airing the teaching we sat through on her show sometime. Stay tuned to the Living Proof blog for more information.






We had front row seats the first night!





Stay tuned to the Living Proof TV program to hear the teaching on this fascinating word when used in Scripture, nevertheless.


Women writing their favorite verse on the wall.
Mine was Colossians 4:2--Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.


My friend Jan in her moments of fame when she got to go up on stage to play Wheel of Favor.


Jan finding out what prize she won, the audio version of the book Audacious that she'd just bought.  



(Pictures with Beth)


Women reciting their verses to each other all over the building, and even outside.




I hope to go back in 2018 with a bigger group of women from my own church with new notebooks that say SSMT 2017.  Who's going to join me?





No comments:

Post a Comment