About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Notes with Beth

I usually like to share a bunch of my notes and thoughts and favorite quotes after I get the chance to attend any kind of big Christian conference of some kind. However, since I know Beth Moore said she's going to be airing our sessions on her television program, I don't want to spoil it for anyone who might want to watch it.

I will share a few things she said that had a deep impact on me.

"A huge purpose for why you are on this earth is on the other side of that 'no' that you keep pleading to God for a 'yes'." When you plead with God for something and He still gives you a no, "there is something He knows that you do not know."

Had I gotten the yes I pleaded for over Juan David's adoption the first time, I would have missed the chance to write so deeply about God's faithfulness in the two books I wrote about that whole adoption experience.

As she quoted, "There is something on the other side that means something in eternity."

I pray every day now that God will use something, anything, I've written to bring just one person closer to Him. One person a day.

Our loss was the hardest thing I've ever experienced, but perhaps the way I wrote about getting through it will now impact someone's eternity.

She spoke on a pretty profound word, nevertheless. How she got so much out of one word is quite perplexing to me, but the sessions went pretty deep. The word nevertheless actually is used to tie two opposing statements together, starting with a statement that seems hopeless and then adding God to the equation.  (I'm alone; nevertheless God is with me. I live in fear and anxiety; nevertheless, I will trust God.)

My favorite and most challenging quote from the weekend,

"Nevertheless is where my faith lives. That's where my God will be faithful." 

In fact, I think I will write it on a notecard and pin it up on my wall so I don't forget it. Stay tuned to Beth's program on Wednesday nights so you don't miss it when this particular teaching airs.

No comments:

Post a Comment