About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Names of God

My last story on the names of God, Jehovah Tsebaioth, came out yesterday. (A new one I had not shared with any one yet.)

https://communitymoms.wordpress.com/2016/01/09/jehovah-tsebaioth-the-lord-of-hosts-commander-of-the-lords-army-by-rachelle-alspaugh/

I hope these stories have encouraged your heart and challenged you to hold on to God's promises even in the midst of trials. I learned personally that we cannot know God by many of His names without struggling through trials because they give Him the perfect backdrop to show up.

He is there in every one of them, though. He is our treasure in the darkness.

I will continue writing short stories and blog entries for this blog on a weekly basis and for the Me Too Moments for Moms blog on a monthly basis at least until I get word from ABH Books that my next book, Painful Waiting,  is coming out.

After that, I will see where God directs my writing. 

View photo in message
(The family pic on this is actually different from the final cover because that is a picture of us on the day we met Julian for the first time. But I don't have a current cover photo since we changed the pic.)

Thank you for faithfully reading. Please feel free to share any of my stories with someone who needs to hear them. Rather than focusing extra time and energy that I don't always have for self-marketing, my new daily prayer is that God will use something I've written to touch at least one person's heart each day and draw them closer to Him, whether it be through a book sale, a blog entry, a Facebook share, or word of mouth.

Also, check out all the great stories and entries on the Me Too Moments for Moms blog. Lots of great parenting and spiritual insight.




No comments:

Post a Comment