About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Monday, August 3, 2015

SSMT Celebration

Siesta_1536_plain_celebrate2

I officially registered! How exciting. This is what I love about our women's Bible studies. We not only connect with one another on a deeper level, we dig into Scripture, and we grow spiritually, but we also "spur one another on".  We learn from each other. :) I only knew about this group through a lady from another campus that sat in my Bible study last summer. She ranted and raved about doing the Scripture memory on the odd years and celebrating with Beth Moore in Houston on the even years. I am so thankful for her. She wet my appetite for it, and now I can't even begin to tell you what an impact these verses have had on my life this year. They keep me going every day.

Check out my Scripture Memory board on Pinterest (on the left hand side of the blog) to see some of the verses I'm working on. Some of the pictures are just random pictures that I put a verse to, but I definitely chose some of the pictures very specifically for the verse they go with. (FYI--I'm not the greatest at making pins at this point. Still learning. Right now I just have the verse as a description of the picture because I haven't figured out how to add the text to the actual picture yet.) 

Any of my local friends participating? We should head down there together!

No comments:

Post a Comment