About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

On the brink of a blessing

I am counting on it. I have to. How can I memorize so many Scriptures on God's provision and care and then not believe them when it counts?

I am not even going to go in to all the stresses of the day and the anxiety I keep having to pray away. All I am going to say is, "I am thankful."

Tonight I am thankful for our camper, our extra house on wheels. But not for the obvious reason you are thinking.

We all decided we were hungry a bit early this evening, so I got up to make a pizza and put it in the oven. I layered it with lots of fresh veggies, jalapeños, and some ham. Each person's quarter of the pizza was exactly how they wanted it. I sprinkled a little extra cheese on it, placed it in the oven, and set the timer.

Sixteen minutes later, the timer went off, but I couldn't detect even the faintest smell of pizza.

Ugh. The oven didn't work. After Mike worked on it for quite awhile and realized he has to buy a part to fix it, I made other arrangements. I cut the pizza in half, walked it outside to the camper, and cooked each half separately in the little oven out there.

Dinner saved.

It could have been the straw that broke the camel's back after so many stresses continue to pile on top of each other. But at least we had an extra oven.

Sigh. :/

I know that blessing is coming soon. A year ago today, I was still fuming at God over our smashed up camper. Look how that turned out? I don't think I have a right to complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment