About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, August 2, 2015

At the Hope Center

I can't say enough about the wonderful women's intensive leadership training I attended yesterday. They saturated the day with challenging messages from several amazing speakers, including Rebecca Carrel, Debbie Stuart, June Hunt, Karol Ladd, and others.  Plus they sent us home with even more resources that I'm going through. Lots to process and meditate over.

The first women's leadership training I attended back in 2011 led me to a breakout session with Karol Ladd on how to publish your own Bible study. She ended up talking mainly about the publishing process and sent me home completely inspired to start writing out my story. I literally started writing that very evening, and three weeks later, I typed the last word on my first finished draft of my memoir. (Then called From the Mountain . . . to the Valley . . . and Back!)

Now just a few weeks from now, I get to go back to the same location (the Hope Center) for ABH's second annual brunch where I will also have a book signing for the revised edition of that memoir, Unexpected Tears. Isn't it amazing how God works? To all my local friends, you are invited to come to the brunch! Just RSVP at info@ABHBooks.com so they can plan for you. I am really looking forward to seeing how God is going to use the revised edition of this book (and the next one) to reach a larger audience through Authenticity Book House.




My book will be one of several to be released at the brunch.
Here are a few quotes from the book.






Feel free to hop on over to my book blog to get a head start on the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment