About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Sunday, August 30, 2015

New and Improved--Book 1

It's finally here! I am officially pulling From the Mountain...to the Valley...and Back! off the shelf as Unexpected Tears finally replaces it.

Here are pictures of the ABH second annual brunch yesterday, the day we officially launched Unexpected Tears (among a few other books). My friend, Fran (also the President of ABH), released her book called Widowed, and her childhood friend, Mitch, released the republication of his novel, Whispers.

Our table 
My first copy of my new and revised book (with its new title, cover, and author name)
(two of the main characters in the story, though a lot bigger now)

Here are a few new additions to this version of the book, in addition to more concise writing.

A Reader Reviews section at the front, right after the endorsements

New copyright date and name, along with a mention as to how the book was previously published.

An advertisement for the second book, still in production, right after the epilogue

At the very end of the book, God's plan for salvation is presented and outlined, step by step. This is a signature mark of every ABH book that will be published. 

The best part is knowing that now that I'm published with ABH, I know that every sale of this book goes toward ministry, specifically helping pastors in other countries who have little Biblical resources in their own language, and also toward the cost of translation of those resources. 

Who knew how my pursuit to self-publish my second book would lead me to become part of this amazing ministry. If you haven't checked out Authenticity Book House, please do, and please consider supporting them if you can. http://www.abhbooks.com/who-we-are/
 (though the website is not yet updated with its newest books)

No comments:

Post a Comment