About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Blessed

We thought the job search might have ended today, but, alas, it has not. Well, we at least didn't get the call we hoped for. So we keep waiting for that phone call, keep trusting God, and keep pressing on. I ran into some friends today that we haven't attended church with in over two years, though, and they let me know they have been praying. More than that, they said, "Mike has more people praying for him than he even knows". What an encouragement, especially coming from someone we haven't seen in quite a while.

God's got us covered, and He has a very specific job prepared for Mike. I have no doubt that He will provide all we need precisely when we need it, just like He already has all summer long.

Today I was hugely blessed to be able to attend the Global Leadership Summit via satellite at my church. Bill Hybels hooked me and drew me in completely as the first speaker of the day, reminding us that sacrificial love is at the core of true and great leadership. His message inspired me as a Bible study leader and also as a public school teacher. Then each speaker had equally compelling messages all day long. I learned a lot and am ready to go at it again tomorrow. It's a great way to start off the new school year with a push for true leadership on Biblical terms. I now look forward to tackling the challenges of a new year at school and at church.

No comments:

Post a Comment