About Me

My photo

I am a wife, daughter, mother, bilingual teacher, poet, author, women's Bible study teacher, world traveler, orphan advocate, and an adoptive mother.  Our adoption journey has been filled with a lot of hurt and loss, along with even more hope, grace, and healing.  Through it we have experienced more of God than we ever bargained for and have watched Him miraculously redeem our story when we surrendered all the broken pieces to Him.


Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Friday, January 2, 2015

Lost...and found

I looked at this recent picture and remembered something I wrote about Juan David and his sister in Part two of my first book.  While working on my final edit of the book today, I came across the exact paragraph that came to my mind the other day.


"Grief traveled more levels than I knew. We mourned the loss of the kids’ presence in our lives, along with the loss of an assumed reality. We also grieved for them, knowing only a fraction of their loss. They lost a set of parents, a new brother, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. They ultimately lost the security of a forever family, now for the second time."
 
 
Look at that. There he stands with those parents, brother, grandparents, aunt, uncle and cousins that he lost. And this pic only represents one side of his new family, plus even more on this side that aren't pictured.
 
Couldn't resist sharing. Now back to that final edit.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment