About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Saturday, January 31, 2015

February highlights

February looks to be a full month ahead of us. I look forward to attending many of the boys' soccer games, celebrating Valentine's Day with my sweetheart, my boys, and my students, and to meeting with the parents of my students for our spring conferences (the conference marathon can drain me now that I have what seems like a zillion students, but I really do enjoy meeting with the parents). I'm not-so-looking forward to a day (hopefully just a day) of jury duty, but I am quite excited about the two biggest highlights for the month.

This weekend at church, I will be hosting the table for the Adoption Ministry at our church. I love how the number of adoptive families at our campus has grown in the last two years. I'm especially looking forward to advertising for our upcoming conference at the Rockwall campus later on the 28th of the month. It was at a similar adoption conference back in 2007 where Mike and I committed ourselves to begin the process to adopt an international child. It happens to be the setting of the first chapter of my first book.  I wish I had more time available to volunteer for the actual conference this year, but alas, my plate is full. Here is a link to find out more about it, though. If you live close by, you won't want to miss it! http://www.lakepointe.org/adoptionconference/  (I also found out that our church will be a satellite host for the Empowered to Connect conference later in April of this year. What a great resource for adoptive families!)

The second highlight of my month will be the opportunity to visit and observe at the Ron Clark Academy on February 20th with a couple of other teachers from my school. Ron Clark visited our school district at the beginning of the year and inspired all of us to teach with more passion and enthusiasm than ever before.  He let us see that it's okay to come out of the box a bit, to break the mold that so many teachers get stuck in. I will definitely take pictures and share about it! It will be a real (and rare) privilege that I am very grateful for. Here is a link to find out more about the school. http://www.ronclarkacademy.com/Who-we-are

So, as I plow through a busy conference schedule at school and soccer schedule at home, I will try to keep my eyes on the highlights of the month so I don't lose my enthusiasm. :) Lots of good things coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment