About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Monday, January 17, 2022

Less than 36 hours

Well, Mike and David finally made it home after a long, complicated drive back from Indiana due to snow and ice and a blown tire on the trailer. What normally takes about 13 hours took closer to seventeen. But they thankfully made it here safely by about 2:45 in the morning on Sunday. We gave each other hugs, and then we all went straight to bed.

Sunday consisted of unloading the truck, doing tons of laundry, napping, watching the Cowboys game, and eating chips and queso and pizza. 

This morning, Mike and I sat at the table together with our coffee and read a bunch of old letters he brought back that I'd written to him in high school and college. Man, I sure did add a whole lot of drama to our relationship! LOL I know I saved all of his letters to me in a box somewhere, but I haven't been able to find where I put that box. I may have to go searching for it later today.

As soon as he finished reading them, he got dressed and headed back to work--less than 34 hours after he got home.

David and I went out for a quick cup of coffee and a game of Skipbo at our favorite coffee shop, and then he headed right back to school, less than 36 hours after getting home.

And that pretty much sums up the whirlwind of David's winter break.  I'm sad I missed out on more time with him, but I'm thankful he took the time to go grab coffee and play a game with me today rather than sleeping in later this morning. He worked NON-stop during those three weeks in Indiana, with barely a day or two to sleep in, but he said he enjoyed every bit of his time there. I'm sure it's going to take a few more coffee/skipbo dates to really hear how it all went. I guess I'll just have to drive toward DBU on a weekend here and there to catch up with him. 









No comments:

Post a Comment