About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Monday, November 2, 2015

Marcela Gandara

What a beautiful concert! I don't think I ever heard of her before, but I was excited to see a Colombian friend of mine so excited about this concert, so I decided to take Juan David with me. I ended up taking both boys (one of them very reluctantly) and let them sit out in the cafe for most of the concert (where they could still see and watch everything on the screens).

I wondered if the main auditorium might actually be a bit big for the concert, but boy, was I wrong. That auditorium was packed out! They said about 4,000 people were there!  The coolest part was that I barely any other white people besides David and I, and I don't think I heard a word of English except in the cafe when I ordered a drink. I felt so inspired and impressed with how the Hispanic ministry of our church has grown exponentially over the last few years.

After she sang a few songs, she gave a little information about herself, claiming her Mexican heritage and the fact that she married a Colombian American. :)

I also got to reconnect with a friend from Colombia who hosted us for dinner in her home two years in a row the first two summers we went to Colombia, both times with Julian. We never ended meeting up our last summer there while adopting Juan David, so I enjoyed introducing them to each other finally. After seven years in Colombia, God finally brought them back to the States again. I sure am thankful God let us connect in Colombia, though. I can't tell you what a comfort it was both years to find your own church family when you're living on another continent.






No comments:

Post a Comment