About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Monday, April 8, 2013

The sequel

So, I'm just about done writing the sequel to my first book.  It's still missing four poems that I either need to dig up or write to go with some of the chapters, plus it's obviously missing the final two or three chapters.  It's amazing how each book mirrors the other, always meant to go together. I asked God to give us a story to tell, and now He's given us two.   Thanks to my writer's group, I've gotten some help in fine-tuning my writing, as well as many different ideas as to how to go about getting the next book published.  It's been hard to concentrate on anything else for the last couple weeks, but I can rest now that I don't have anything more to add to the story yet.

Our agency sent our referral packet for "Juan" via Fed. Ex. today, so we are expecting it tomorrow.  We need to formally accept the referral and submit the documents to immigration with our I800 form.  They gave me a rough time frame to go on from here on out, but I never know how reliable any of those time frames really are.  We are just glad the paperwork is finally set to arrive at our home tomorrow. 

I know we're in pretty much the final stage, but I still catch myself wondering if it's safe yet to actually believe he's coming home.  This has been such a roller coaster, one I feel like I just rode all over again by writing it out over the span of twelve chapters, eighty-five pages (so far). I guess we'll wait and see how much more is left to write. 

No comments:

Post a Comment