About Me

My photo
I've been married to my husband, Michael, for almost 25 years. I'm a mom to a biological son and an adopted son from Colombia, and I'm also a spiritual mom to my adopted son's older brother, who I claim as a son in my heart. I'm bilingual and love to work with and relate to Spanish-speaking children and families. I've been a teacher to students from all sorts of backgrounds and cultures for the last 20+ years. I'm also an author and a certified Biblical counselor. I'm in a new empty nest season in a new location far from where I raised my boys, so I'm definitely in a stage of rediscovering myself, my interests, and my purpose.

Surviving the Valley Series

Surviving the Valley Series
Click on the card to order or read the reviews

Thursday, March 14, 2013

This event just keeps on growing!!!!

Here it is, the official flyer for Saturday's events as the STUCK bus comes through Dallas.  It's been neat to follow the STUCK blog to see how the momentum is growing after the showing in each city.  Mike and I are super excited to be part of the Dallas team.  We sadly have done very little in all of the preparations for the event other than advertising, but we are looking forward to volunteering with all of the events from early in the morning till late at night.

Do you believe every child has the
fundamental right to have a family?
So do the 10 million children worldwide
who are growing up in institutions.

The film, Stuck, is raising awareness of the
problems with international adoption. The film &
call to action are coming to Dallas on March 16th

8:30 - 10:30 Free chicken biscuits at Chick-Fil-A
2652 Old Denton Rd in Carrollton
11:30 – 1:00 Church & community leaders’ lunch.
1:00 – 3:30 Family fun carnival at The Ridge Church
4561 N Josey Ln in Carrollton
5:00 – 6:30 Celebration of Families Party
Macaroni Grill at Stonebriar
7:00 – 8:30 Stuck premiere at AMC 24 Stonebriar

Email: stuckdallas@gmail.com for info on these events.
Sign the important petition online at
www.bothendsburning.org
Or text ORPHANS to 67463



It's neat to see how God has turned what was once our greatest pain into such a passion.  We know all too well just how STUCK some of these children are.  Waiting to complete "Juan's" adoption is hard, but we're okay.  It gives us time to finally begin to recover from all of the expenses of the U.S. side of the process while beginning to rebuild our savings for the Colombian side and for the future.  However, knowing that "Juan" just waits, not even knowing that he's closer to coming home than he has ever been before--it breaks my heart.  I feel like he's just stuck--stuck far away and out of touch with the people who love him the most.  It's just not fair.  His life just keeps going, time that we could and should be together as a family just keeps ticking away, while we still wait on paperwork to be matched up right, translated, and sent to the right places. Ugh.  I feel like every little step seems to take an eternity.  Too many i's to be dotted and t's to be crossed, if you ask me.  But what can I do other than pray and wait for God's timing--and advertise for this tour so we can at least get the government's attention for the need for a better system.

I hope to see some familiar faces at one, several or all of the events!

No comments:

Post a Comment